v1.5.0 - 23/06/2021
- When ComponentFinder is minimized, you can now use the same keyboard shortcut for opening ComponentFinder to maximize it - This significantly reduces loading time of folder contents - Much Fun!
- Fixed a bug where a component could appear multiple times in a CF folder after the folder was renamed with different case.
v1.3.1 - 22/04/2021
- Fixed a regression in ComponentFinder where errors would come up if the FlexPack Pro package was uninstalled.
v1.3.0 - 21/01/2021
- New 'Recently Used' components tab.
- Added an option to choose a custom image for skp thumnails.
- You can now save a currently open model into CF.
- You can now open a model directly from CF with Right Click > ' Open As Model', and 'Open As Model in New Sketchup Window'.
- Added option to show 'Date Modified'.
- Added 'Sort by Date Modified'.
- Faster session data saving/loading (new data format)
- Scanning for file versions optimized for speed.
- Added 'New Folder' option to context menu for skp files (before it was only
in blank space).
- Esc key will now cancel an active component placement.
- Esc key will now cancel saving a component into CF.
- Esc key will now close the context menu in CF.
- Hide context menu when CF window scrolled or unfocused.
- Updated skp file icons that have no thumbnail with new sketchup 2021 logo.
- Removed minimized version of special folders (FPP, Recents).
- Fixed a bug where saving a wall cutter component with ComponentFinder wouldn't save the number of faces being cut.
- Fixed a regression where an error message would come up when clicking on skp files that were created in a newer version of Sketchup than currently used - newer versions of skp files are now marked clearly and cannot be clicked on.
v1.2.1 - 03/12/2020
- Fixed a bug in ComponentFinder where components with specific names couldn't be saved and would cause the interface to hang.
- Fixed a bug in ComponentFinder where clicking on the buttons in the header of a folder could cause it to jump up.
v1.1.1 - 25/11/2020
- Clicking on an empty space in the header of a folder will bring the folder to the top of the window.
v1.1.0 - 29/10/2020
- Improved ComponentFinder browsing so focus stays in last position after closing and re-opening window.
- Tooltips now show file name and file size when necessary.
- Changed tooltips for FlexPack Pro package so component names are shown instead of irrelevant path.
- Improved and shortened generated toolbar names so when right clicking on any Sketchup toolbar the menu appears normal and doesn't take the entire screen (Thank you Eitan Oshri for catching this).
- Fixed a bug where ComponentFinder wound forget last component addition to folder which would require a refresh after Sketchup restart.
v1.0.1 - 10/08/2020
- New navigation bar added. Click on a toolbar item and it will auto scroll to it's folder tab.
- You can now create Sketchup toolbars from your favorite components.Choose any folder tab in ComponentFinder and make a toolbar out of it with one click.
- Installed packages (FlexPack Pro / FlexPack 2017 / Beta etc.) are now easily accessible from within Component Finder and are pinned to the top of the navigation bar.
- You can now create/delete/rename folders from within ComponentFinder.
- Folder sizes are now displayed (entire folder must be scanned in Flat View for the information to display correctly).
- UI overhaul - Flat UI and a cleaner interface.
- All icons were updated to SVG format with a more coherent look and feel.
- UI renders faster now.
- Sorting of components has been improved to use natural item ordering (case-independent and handles numbers as human beings would expect).
- Improved performance speed of folder tab operations like ordering, moving tabs up/down, closing, minimizing/maximizing etc. (The improvement should be noticeable with folders that have many components in them).
- Improved workflow when saving a component - OS save dialog screen step removed.
- Better automatic increment of file name version suffix when saving an already existing component (Filename01.skp > Filename02.skp ...).
- Automatically scrolling to top when entering a search query.
- Discarded "Loading Your Library" when ComponentFinder first opens in a new session.
- Faster session restoration after restarting Sketchup.
- Better handling of missing/invalid/read-only files.
- Tab names can now be selected.
- Added missing tooltips.
- Optimized ComponentFinder data saving to disk.
- Improved word wrap of component names.
- Better input field on rename (proper auto-resizing, replaces only file name - file size is still visible)
- Thumbnails are always square now.
- Added placeholder icons for skp files with broken thumbnails.
- Updated Chinese (zh-CHS) translations.
- Component finder won't get stuck on the 'Loading' screen anymore.
- Fixed an issue where components were displayed in the wrong folder when the name of one folder was a prefix of another folder.
- Don't overwrite Sketchup files on rename (if we were renaming file A to B, and file B already existed, then B would be overwritten with A).
- Properly display white spaces in the name of files and folders.
- Added a prompt asking if to overwrite a file.
- Fixed 'open source folder' function to work with network folders too.
v0.12.3 - 17/12/2019
- Fixed a fatal error that was preventing FlexTools from loading at startup under certain circumstances that tended to coincide with Windows Update running.
v0.12.1 - 26/11/2019
- Added the ability to view file size of components.
- Added the ability to sort components alphabetically and by file size (ascending/descending).
- Added the ability to hide/display component names and file sizes.
v0.10.8 - 21/08/2019
- Added toolbar help button for quick access to new help and resources page.
- Fixed a bug where a refresh of a folder tab was necessary in order to see newly saved components from a previous session.
- Fixed word-wrap of file names so they no longer get cut in the middle of a word if not necessary.
v0.10.7 - 06/08/2019
- Simplified Chinese translations updated.
- Spanish translations updated.
v0.10.5 - 10/06/2019
- Traditional Chinese (TW) translation added.
- Japanese Translation updated.
v0.10.2 - 01/04/2019
- Fixed a bug in Component Finder that would prevent icons that were missing under some conditions from refreshing correctly.
- Fixed a bug where Component Finder and Sketchup could freeze when some folders or drives were unavailable or changed during a session.
v0.10.1 - 26/03/2019
- Showing ComponentFinder session loading progress.
- Fixed a ComponentFinder bug where all folder panes would disappear on start if source folders were moved or renamed.
- Fixed a ComponentFinder bug that could hang session loading or folder/model scanning.
v0.10.0 - 27/02/2019
- New Indonesian translations added.
- New Turkish translations added.
- New Russian translations added.
- Updated French translations.
v0.9.0 - 17/01/2019
- Added In-Model component browsing.
- In-Model: Added to viewing modes - Top-Level and All.
- In-Model: Double-clicking below the search field opens and closes the In-Model tab.
- In-Model: Double-clicking on the divider maximizes the In-Model pane.
- In-Model: Added a context menu: selecting all instances, saving as, deleting.
- In-Model: Added the ability to view and place Groups.
v0.8.1 - 27/11/2018
- Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese & French translations added.
v0.8.0 - 21/11/2018
- Folder scanning depth increased from 5 levels deep to infinity.
- Number of components you can display in one tab raised to a max of 6000 (Above 6000 thumbnails may break).
- File and folder scanning done in the background so you can continue working while it's scanning.
- Scanned files are now added incrementally as they are discovered.
- File and folder scanning can now be canceled anytime.
- Faster loading of open folder tabs during CF startup.
- Added an additional larger zoom level - Files saved in previous versions of Sketchup require re-saving for HQ thumbs.
- When opening the CF window it auto-focuses on the search field for even faster searching.
- Component count added to each folder tab so you can see how many components there are.
- Added an 'Add folder' button below the last opened folder tab.
- Added a 'Go to containing folder' function to the Right Click menu within the CF window.
- The search field is emphasized when a search returns no results.
- Click on a folder tab's name and it changes to the full path of where the folder is located.
- Moved the 'Refresh' button to each of the folder tabs so you can refresh them individually.
- Added tooltips for the buttons in the folder tabs.
- Hovering over a component in CF window shows a tooltip with the component's location.
- Added a compact menu when the the CF window is resized to a small size.
- Bugfix - Thumbnails could suddenly 'break' and would show placeholders instead (Only restarting Sketchup would solve the issue before).