Error Message: Permission Denied @rb_sysopen
You may get either of the following errors when running ComponentFinder or when trying to install FlexTools' auto updates:
Error Message 1:
Permission denied @ rb_sysopen - C:/ProgramData/F3d_FlexTools/component_finder.json ...
Error Message 2:
Error: #<Errno::EACCES: Permission denied @ rb_sysopen - C:/ProgramData/F3d_FlexTools/pkg_serial.json> ...
This happens when your Windows User doesn't have access rights to read or write files in the FlexTools data folder C:\ProgramData\F3d_
Follow the steps and the image below to grant editing permission for the C:\ProgramData\F3d_
1. Go to C:\ProgramData\
2. Right-click on the F3d_FlexTools directory and click on Properties.
3. Select the Security tab and click Edit.
4. You'll be asked to enter your user's password.
5. Then 'Permissions for F3d_FlexTools' window will pop-up. Select Users in the 'Group or user names' list.
6. Check Allow checkbox in front of the 'Full control' attribute in the 'Permissions for Users' list.
7. Click on Ok.
8. Open Sketchup. The error should go away and FlexTools will install updates normally and ComponentFinder will work fine too.