Unfortunately, currently there is no Trial / Demo / Free version of FlexPack.
Please subscribe to our newsletter. We will make an announcement when a trial version is available.
FlexTools works with SketchUp 2017 Make and Pro, 2018 Pro, 2019 Pro.
You can install and activate FlexTools on up to 2 computers. If you encounter any issues (including a re-install of your Operating System), please contact us and we'll do our best to get FlexTools up and running.
Yes, the activation of FlexTools is good for which ever versions of Sketchup you have installed on the licensed computer.
After a year, if you enjoy using FlexPack Pro and want to continue using it, you will be able to renew your license.
If you decide not to renew your license, all FlexPack Pro features will stop working, except for ComponentFinder and Zapper. You will still be able to use Flex components in your models, but they will not be dynamic until the license is renewed.
Your license key should be arriving by email right after registration.
- It can take up to 5-7 minutes for the email to arrive! Hold on tight!
- Check in your Spam/Junk folder - if it's there, please mark the mail as Not Spam and it will jump to your inbox.
- Check in your Promotions tab (Gmail), If it's there, please move it to your inbox.
Still can't find it? let us know.
ComponentFinder does not come with any components. All the components in the videos were downloaded from the 3Dwarehouse and similar websites.
ComponentFinder is a tool for quickly browsing (and easily finding!) Sketchup components that you already have on your hard disk.
You can also use it to save components directly from within a Sketchup model without the need to browse in windows explorer. Learn how to use ComponentFinder here.
When you scale or change the settings of a dynamic window component it immediately becomes unique. If you want to make a change to a bunch of window components without them becoming unique and without needing to copy them back into place after making the change you want you can try the following:
As long as the dynamic components you are trying to change are completely identical, you can select all of them and then change their settings together from within the Component Options window. If the components are not identical, and have different dimensions for example, after making the change, they will all assume the same settings so their dimensions will all be the same!
Enclose the window component into another wrapper component. You may need to draw a temporary line (or any geometry). Select the window and the line and create a component out of them. You can later delete the temporary line. Then copy this new wrapper component where ever you want identical windows.
Note: It is recommended to first disable the wall cutter feature from the internal window component and then make the external wrapping component a wall cutter if needed.
Common Issues & Solutions
The dynamic components should work in the current units your model is set to. If the units still appear in inches, it may be do to a known bug in the DC plugin.
To solve this, go to:
1. Window > Model Info > Units
2. Make sure ‘Display units format’ is checked ✅.
* You may need to restart Sketchup to see the changes.
This happens when your Windows user doesn't have access rights to read or write files in the FlexTools data folder.
Check out the solution here.
1. If you just installed or updated FlexTools - Restart Sketchup and see if that helps.
2. Are all the faces you are placing wall cutter components oriented correctly? Turn on 'Monochrome View' and make sure all the wall faces have the bright color (white) facing out and darker color (blue) facing in.
Right Click on the colored faces > Reverse Faces and then Refresh the wall cutting component.
3. Before placing the Flex Components into the model - make sure the Place Upright button (icon with an arrow and 90 degrees) is de-pressed (not active!) - More about this button at: https://flextools.cc/learn/
4. Make sure the wall is enclosed in a component and not in a group!
5. If you have the 'double-cut' plugin installed please disable it - It can cause conflicts.
6. Are any errors coming up in the console? Go to: Window > Ruby Console - Send us any errors you find.
7. No errors in the console? Let's try the FlexTools logs. Go to:
Send us all the files you see in there.
None of the above helped? Contact us and we'll do our best to solve the issue as soon as possible.
Please see explanation and solution in this link.
This can happen sometimes, and we're not sure what the cause is.
Go to: C:\ProgramData\F3d_FlexTools
Go to: ~/Library/Application Support/F3d_FlexTools/
Delete component_finder.json and restart Sketchup.
Are you getting an error similar to:
” ERROR: Callback function error: Object doesn’t support property or method ‘attachEvent’ @/dcbridge.js. ”
Download the latest version of Sketchup's Dynamic Components Plugin and restart Sketchup:
Still getting the Error 601 even after updating the Dynamic Components plugin?
You may be suffering from a Sketchup bug that is influenced by the folder structure to where you are saving the skp files. Check if the folder path you are saving the skp file to has any of the following characters (including slashes) in it:
\a - BELL
\b - BACKSPACE
\f - FORMFEED
\n - LINEFEED
\r - RETURN
\t - TAB
\v - VERTICAL TAB
\x - hexadecimal value for character
\o - octal value for character
\u - unicode number for character
This is a known bug in Sketchup's Dynamic Components plugin. You can read more about it here:
Save your files to another folder which does not include any of those combinations of characters and slashes before them.
1. Check that the Arcs setting is on from within the dynamic component Options Window.
2. Normally the arcs are stored within the dynamic component as hidden objects. If they don't appear, even when the arcs setting is set to ON or AUTO - You must have used the Cleaner tool or a cleaning plugin like Thomthom's CleanUp³ which would have deleted the hidden arcs.
To restore the arcs you will have to replace the doors with new ones.
This may happen after upgrading Sketchup or after a FlexTools update.
1. Close all instances of Sketchup.
2. Delete all the files in:
C:\ProgramData\F3d_FlexTools\ and then open Sketchup.