Learn the basics of FlexTools in 9 simple steps!
1. Place a Flex component onto a wall component. It automatically cuts an opening in the wall.
2. Move and Scale the component to fit exactly where you need it.
Placing Wall-Cutting Flex components onto a wall.
Placing Non-Wall-Cutting Flex components in existing openings.
3. Change the Cutting Depth if there are multiple walls to cut through.
4. Adjust XYZ Dimensions / Distributions / Visibility ... of the various component elements through the Component Options Window.
To learn more about the options relevant to each component checkout the relevant learn pages in the menu on the right.
5. Copy the component around the model. Scale and edit each copy as needed (Steps 2 & 3).
6. Save the component with ComponentFinder. You can then quickly pull it back in when you need it again.
📌 Materials applied to sub-components & Cutting Depth will be saved with the component.
Pulling in a component and saving it back with changes.
Workflow with Non-Wall-Cutting Components
Flex components automatically cut openings through double faced walls by default. If you do not want a component to cut openings automatically, you have the following options:
A. Enable the Place Upright Toggle (before placement!)
B. Set the Cutting Depth to 0.
C. Convert the component into a regular component.
📌 Learn more about the WallCutter options here.