Learn the basics of FlexTools in a few simple steps!
1. Place a Flex component anywhere on a wall component. It automatically glues to the wall and cuts an opening.
Move and scale the component to fit exactly where you need it using Sketchup's native Move and Scale tools.
Important - The wall faces must have their normals facing out (blue in, white out), and they must be in a component - Do not use groups!
2. Adjust dimensions, glass divisions, visibility of the various component elements through the Component Options window.
3. To shift a window in and out in relation to the wall component it was placed on, open the Component Options window and change the Inset setting.
4. If you need to cut through multiple layered walls, change the Cutting Depth in the WallCutter options window.
5. Copy the component around the model. Scale and edit each copy as desired.
In this example the components are scaled into existing openings (Cutting Depth set to 0)
6. Save the component with ComponentFinder. You can then quickly pull it back in when you need it again.
Materials applied to sub-components & Cutting Depth will be saved with the component.
Pulling in a component and saving it back with changes
Workflow with existing wall openings
Flex components automatically cut openings through double faced walls by default. If you do not want a component to cut an opening, convert it into a regular non-cutting unglued component in the WallCutter options window.